Diastasis recti can be effectively corrected in as little as 6 weeks but also could take longer than 6 months. Healing time for diastasis depends on…
- The severity of the separation
- The time the client has suffered from diastasis recti
- If the client is currently pregnant or nursing (hormones affect healing time)
- Additional trauma related to the diastasis
- The health of the client (nutrition, sleep, immune system, and hydration all can affect healing time)
- How consistent the client is with the treatment plan
Diastasis recti can be effectively treated regardless of the severity and additional factors when the client receives the right treatment and is consistent.