The Tummy Team International Online Physical Therapy Clinic
Our unique clinical approach to functional core (and pelvic floor) rehab based on over 20 years of clinic application focused on neuromuscular rehabilitation and functional integration of true core strength. We focus on education and partnering with you in a comprehensive and very effective online video and virtual appointment setting. Our Online Clinic allows us to work with clients worldwide to provide highly specialized physical therapy to everyone at reasonable prices. The Tummy Team offers 3 options for Online Physical Therapy:
Comprehensive Online Courses:
We offer 10 different comprehensive online courses that provide weekly engaging video content, helpful handouts and specific step by step guidance through your functional core or functional pelvic floor rehab journey. These programs follow the same week by week approach we have used for years with clients in our physical therapy clinic. Check out all of our online programs here.
Online Physical Therapy Appointments:
Our founder and physical therapist, Kelly Dean offers 1:1 online physical therapy appointments over our video chat platform to provide you with the specialist you need right in your own home. Kelly has the experience, the compassion and the creativity to help you meet your personal goals. Learn more about Online PT Appointments with Kelly here.
Combination of Online Course and Online Clinic Appointments:
Clients can get the benefits of the comprehensive video content of our online course combined with the personal instruction and support of our specialist Kelly Dean. Clients can supplement their online program with 1 or multiple Online Clinic Appointments based on their preference and personal goals.
FAQ about How Online PT Works
If you have questions about our online rehab programs, please search this page first.
If you cannot find what you are looking for, feel free to contact us.
Click on a category below to view FAQs or put keywords in the search box to search all FAQs.
FAQs about Online Appointments
- You need to have a computer or device that supports our video chat platform (see details).
- You book your appointment online just like any other doctors appointment. (Our system will be sure you are adjusting for time zone differences.)
- You will receive and email reminder with a link to access your appointment.
- At the time and date of your appointment, click on your link.
- Kelly will meet with you, listen to your story, assess your alignment, address your symptoms and give you strategies specifically focused on your concerns to create a personal plan to move you forward.
- We will record your appointment and send you the recording to review after your appointment.
We offer several different types of appointments with different fees attached.
- 30 min Online PT Consults = $100
- 60 min Online PT Appointments = $200
- 60 min Birth/Trauma Processing Appointments = $200
- Discounted 3 session and 5 session packages are also available
Learn more about our different types of appointments HERE.
This is your time with Kelly and you can use it anyway you desire. Most clients schedule appointments with the following goals in mind:
- 30 min Clinic Consult: To meet with Kelly prior to signing up for an online rehab course to ensure the best course of action for your specific symptoms, history or concerns. A 30 min consult can also be helpful as a follow up to a previous session or to discuss just 1-2 specific concerns.
- 60 min Clinic Session: Kelly can hear your history, address your alignment, problem solve compensations, give specific strategies and create a personal progress plan. You can add these sessions to your online program for extra support and guidance or you can work with Kelly 1:1 for a series of Online Clinic Sessions to help you with accountability and to work alongside you as you progress through your rehab journey. We offer package discounts and can work with you as frequently as once a week or once every other month depending on your goals and preferences.
- 60 min Birth/Trauma Processing Session- Often the condition of your core is a result of a trauma. The Tummy Team believes that processing this trauma with a specialist can be key to your healing process. Kelly can walk you through the traumatic event and help you reconnect to your body in a very gentle and nurturing way to support your overall healing.
- 60 min Professional Training Session: The Tummy Team trains medical, birth and fitness professionals world wide. Kelly offers specific training sessions to help you learn more about what we do and can specifically help you problem solve client concerns you may have your clinical setting. The Tummy Team provides extensive professional courses as well at pro.thetummyteam.com
- 3 and 5 session packages- Kelly can work with you for several sessions to help you meet your personal goals. Kelly can progress your rehab journey, create a specific fitness plan, problem solve complications and simply encourage and support you on your personal core rehabilitation journey. Our packages help you get more sessions at a discounted rate.
Kelly Dean is a licensed physical therapist who graduated from University of North Dakota Physical Therapy with a Masters of Physical Therapy in 1997. She worked for over a decade as a neuro specialist working with brain injury, stroke rehab and neuromuscular rehabilitation in the hospital, rehab facility, outpatient and home health setting. After being diagnosed with a 6 finger wide diastasis with no rehab options made available to her, she shifted her focus and dedicated all her training to functional core (and pelvic floor) rehabilitation. She created The Tummy Team in 2008 to meet a desperate need in the Physical Therapy community for the treatment and prevention of diastasis recti and the related functional core weakness symptoms. Kelly has designed a comprehensive rehab approach that not only closed her own diastasis but has helped thousands of clients around the world heal. Kelly has spoken at Medical Schools, National and International medical conferences and has created several comprehensive professional training courses to help train fitness, rehab, and birth professionals internationally. Kelly has the perfect match of education, experience, compassion, creativity and communication skills to effectively help clients online. To learn more about Tummy Team Founder, Kelly Dean, check out her story here.
Currently medical insurances do not cover online physical therapy. The Tummy Team is able to bill your HSA/FSA card and provide you with documentation for reimbursement. We work hard to keep our prices reasonable so you can work with a specialist no matter where you live or what type of insurance you have.
This really depends on you. If you are doing one of our comprehensive online physical therapy programs, you may only need 1 individual PT appointment. Some clients do 1-3 appointments with their online program and other clients work with Kelly once a week or every other week for 3-5 sessions. Kelly can work with you, consider your rehab needs and your budget and help you find the right fit. Even 1 session can be incredibly helpful in your personal rehab journey.
You will need a computer, tablet or phone that has a camera and microphone and can connect to our Any Meeting Online Conferencing Platform.
After your appointment has been paid for and scheduled you will receive a confirmation email from The Tummy Team with some information to set up your computer for the appointment. Follow the instructions in this email to be sure you are set up for your meeting.
You will also receive an additional email from The Tummy Team inviting you to our Any Meeting Online Conferencing Platform. You will get a reminder invite email the day of your Online Clinic Appointment as well. This email includes the link you will need to connect to your appointment.
To make sure you are properly set up for your appointment, preview the setup videos below. You will also receive these in an email when you schedule an appointment with us.
Our scheduling system automatically adjusts for your timezone. If there are no appointments available to that work for your schedule, please reach out directly to Kelly Dean (email@example.com) so she can work with you to find a time that will work for both of you. We understand that there is a need for core rehab specialist internationally, we are happy to adjust our schedules to help you get the care you need.
If I am doing a combination of Online Physical Therapy Program and Online PT Appointments, when is the best time to schedule my appointment?
Typically we instruct clients in our courses to wait until week 3 of the course to schedule your first session. Most of the initial questions are answered in those first few weeks of videos and then we can spend our time focused on customizing your personal plan. However, if you have a complicated history and have concerns or questions you want answered prior to starting then schedule your first appointment after you want your intro videos in week 1 of your course. After your first appointment with Kelly, she will recommend the best time to do any additional appointments based on your needs and your goals.
While Kelly can work with you on anything core or pelvic floor related, most commonly these are the areas that are addressed in an Online Physical Therapy Appointment.
- Concentration on your personal experience and history.
- Evaluation of your sitting, standing, walking and bending postures.
- Instruction in proper core and pelvic floor activation and integration strategies.
- Recommendations of key muscle releases to treat your specific compensations patterns.
- Problem solving difficulties you are having in your rehab journey.
- Addressing any unique concerns you may have.
- Development of a personal plan to progress your specific rehab process.