5 Signs Your Body Might Be Falling Apart

pain, back ache,
Have you ever felt like all of a sudden your body is falling apart?  Simple things you were capable of in the past are now quite challenging.  Or you have pain that seems to make no logical sense.  Possibly one of the most common sentiments we hear from our clients is “why is my body falling apart?”  Or, “I am too young to be feeling so old and broken.”

Here are 5 signs that your body might be falling apart:

1.) Unexpected pain.

You wake up sore.  Your back hurts just driving your kids around.  Between your shoulder blades ache every time you cook in the kitchen.  You cleaned out the garage and feel like you did an Ironman.  Aches, pains, sharp or dull, sudden or all day seem to be more and more a regular part of your everyday life.

2.) Instability.

You bend over to pick up a toy and your back “goes out.” Your ribs are constantly misaligned, and the chiropractor is on speed dial. You step funny and your pelvis gets stuck and you stop to readjust before you can move again. You start living like one random move might take your breath away or put you flat on your back for the weekend. You realize that your body cannot be trusted.

3.) Exhaustion with life.

By dinnertime, you cannot even sit up straight at the dinner table.  Cleaning the house is utterly exhausting so you must pace yourself. Sitting through your son’s swim meet feels like a major victory. Your body feels so tired that simple life demands make you wish you could take a nap.

4.) Bathroom issues.

Constipation… The. Struggle. Is. Real. Suddenly you need to be careful when and where you sneeze. You leak urine randomly when laughing and sometimes just cannot get there in time. Sometimes you think you need to “go” but you can’t really get that “last scoop out of the carton…” that is not good.

5.) Numb and distracted.

It is hard to feel your muscles anymore unless they are hurting. You feel disconnected and weak in your core. Intimacy is missing something – it just does not feel right. It is hard to concentrate because everything feels overwhelming and exhausting.

So what is going on?

Believe it or not, your internal core muscles can be directly connected to ALL of these feelings. Your “core” is actually the group of muscles that wrap around your body to support your spine and organs and connect your upper body (rib cage) to your lower body (pelvis). It is not some elusive thing you do a workout to get. When you think of the core this way, everything starts to look different.

Your corset muscle (the transverse abdominis) is one of the largest muscles in your body and the only muscle that wraps around your torso providing symmetry and balance and elongated stability.  This muscle is deep and gets neglected in life and fitness. Neglect leads to “disuse atrophy” (the shrinking of an underused muscle) and inefficient and exhausting movement patterns.

It does not have to be this way.

The Tummy Team specializes in Functional Core Rehabilitation and has developed a systematic step by step approach to rebuild your core and pull your body back together. We’ll address posture and alignment, compensation patterns, and lifestyle use of the core. We aren’t an exercise program so this isn’t about planks. And we aren’t traditional physical therapy, so we won’t make you do odd core exercises. We’ll use your everyday movements like sitting, standing, bending, reaching, lifting and walking to rehab your core and provide that stability your body craves. All those feelings we mentioned above will begin to dissipate and you’ll have more energy to live the life you want.

We would love to see you in our clinic if you’re local, or you can join our online community and enroll in one of our 7 rehab programs. We can help you feel better.

___________________________________________________

12 responses to “5 Signs Your Body Might Be Falling Apart”

1. Mary condon says:

I have some of the above symptoms. I don’t know what to do

• TheTummyTeam says:

Mary,
      I am sorry you are dealing with these symptoms. It can make life so much harder. We would love to work with you. Our online rehab programs are very comprehensive and they’ll be on sale for Mother’s Day.

2. emma fowler says:

i think im dying at age 14…

• TheTummyTeam says:

Emma – I am sorry you feel so discouraged. Are there specific physical symptoms you are experiencing that we can help you with?

3. Trixie says:

I as m 41 and I feel 81, I think I am dying also I can barely walk. I’m as always in severe pain even in the bed. My toes feel no good

• TheTummyTeam says:

I’m sorry you are having such trouble. If you are dealing with core or pelvic floor weakness, I encourage you to take a look at our online rehab programs. If you’re unsure what to take or how to improve the symptoms you may be experiencing, please reach out to us through email! We’d love to help you.

4. Molly Winders says:

I am 57 years old and have had 4 joint replacements and shoulder surgery. I am a mess.
    I can barely walk, hurt ALL the time, terrible posture, stairs KILL me, bending over KILLS me…I am desperate

• TheTummyTeam says:

Hi Molly! I’m sorry you are struggling with this. I think you would benefit taking our Core Foundations course. This course can help you improve your posture and strengthen your core muscles which should help improve other postural pains and compensations. Be sure to check out our program and contact us if you have any more questions or concerns!

5. Sara says:

I’m only 15 years old and involved in rhythmic gymnastics, a sport that needs you to use almost every part of your body to the extreme. Lately, I felt like I am truly falling apart, physically. It started with my S.I. joint injury which just can seem to heal, then my tailbone, midback, knees, my groins constantly needing to “pop”, shoulder. I am also getting quite bad headaches. I don’t know what to do as I really need to be practicing but with all these injuries it’s very hard and unmotivating.

• The Tummy Team says:

Hello Sara! Thank you for your comment. At The Tummy Team, we specialize in core and pelvic floor treatment and healing. If you would like to reach out to us still we would love to help direct you to the best resources. Our courses may be able to help your SI joint pain and other symptoms. You can take a deeper look at what we do HERE to see if we are the right resource for you. Don’t hesitate to ask us questions on our site’s contact page!

6. Heather says:

Im feeling like I’m falling apart. It feels like something is really going wrong. I’m 48, and everytime my period approaches I have days of not being able to sleep, pain, sweat, insomnia, racing thoughts. Then my body started hurting all over like arthritis. I started feeling sore and exhausted all the time. When I would do any real excessive bending and moving in the day, at night, I feel a tingling and burning all over and my feet felt on fire. I’m getting intense headaches, vision problems and struggling to breathe. I feel like my oxygen is low, even though I’m not sick or asthmatic. But it feels like weight is on my chest. And to top it it off, I have a pain under right breast, tender to touch. No idea why. Hurts like a bad bad bruise feeling. And I can’t think straight lately. I feel like I’m in a massive FOG. I’ve never felt so exhausted and tired. I don’t know what is going on with the body I knew.

• The Tummy Team says:

Hello Heather! We appreciate you reaching out to us. If you haven’t already I suggest going to the doctor to express your symptoms. Our specialty is core and pelvic floor healing and strengthening. You can check out the kind of work we do HERE Anything outside of core and pelvic floor symptoms will need to be addressed otherwise by a doctor. We wish you the best in your pursuits of healing.